In 1914-1915, a two-year course in manual training was provided for the boys in the seventh and eighth grades. Each boy was assigned an individual bench and was furnished with all the tools needed in carrying out his projects. Domestic science was a two-year course provided for the girls of the seventh and eighth years. A room in the basement had been equipped with enamel top tables, hot plates, ovens, kitchen cabinets, sink, dishes and all cooking utensils that would be of any use in an up-to-date kitchen. A class in sewing was also provided for the girls of the seventh and eighth years. It met twice a week and was under the director of the primary department instructor. The principal taught the manual training and domestic science classes.