- Several state men were in town holding a training school for motorcycle policemen. The George Rogers Clark Speedway was used as a training track.
- Lawrence County quota for federal conservation work has been set at 43 men.
- Raymond Lorance, 18, John Ernest, 17, and William Frazier, 13, are in county jail awaiting a hearing on a charge of larceny. They are charged with the theft on the receipts of the Avalon Theatre of about $40 on Sunday afternoon. The money was reported taken from the box office while the cashier was away a short time. (The newspapers of those days did not bother with the age of the perpetrators....)
April 29, 1943
- Joseph F Diver, former state's attorney, has accepted a position in the legal department of the Ohio Oil Company and will be located in Marshall.
(Not sure of the date)
- Richard E Davis, former owner of the Davis Supply Company has sold his building at 1211 State Street, next door to the Lawrence County News, to Gerald Miller. Miller will use the building for a new type of business known as Miller's Marine Store and will sell Johnson outboard motors and other Johnson products and items used in connection with the outdoor life on the water.
- Donald Hinton, a senior at EU and student teacher in Lawrenceville school system has been appointed manager of the new Swimming pool by the Lawrence Township Park Board.
- A large number of retired employees of Texaco attended the Old Timers annual get-together held Friday at the Moose. The oldest member, James B Marshall, 94, was unable to attend and it was the first time he had ever missed one of the gatherings since the first Silver Anniversary Awards dinner affairs began in 1938.
- The Lawrenceville Kiwanis club observed its Golden Anniversary May 5.