Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Humor in 1911

Historical Humor

Humor published in 1911 newspaper:   “My husband amuses me,” said the hostess, “by the excuses he has for being detained downtown of evenings.  Sometimes I can almost hear his brain working out an excuse as he tiptoes up the stairs.”

“My husband,” said the guest, “is different. He is a very systematic man, and some time ago he wrote out a list of various excuses and numbered them. Now when he comes in, he just calls up the stairs, No. #4 or No. #20 or whatever the number may be.”  

More 1911 Humor

Homer: Do you have trouble with your automobile?

Elijah: Trouble!  I couldn’t have more if I were married to the blamed machine. 

(Ed Note:  The researchers were mixed in their feelings about whether these jokes were funny or not...I guess it depends on who you are...)

Have you paid your 2017 dues?  If you haven't, I don't think you will be getting your newsletters, and that's certainly not funny! 


And don't forget to stop by and see the new telephone exhibits at the History Center..Monday and Saturday 9-3.