You can print out the Calendar of Events from the web page (Lawrence Lore-Water Ways) and read about the exhibits and view a short welcome from the Society's president, Mike Neal. You can also review the three new books that were published/republished just for this event. Quantities are limited so you will either want to stop by the History Center and purchase one, or order it on-line from our on-line store.
(Reminder to all Sponsors....you may pick up your free copy of Water, Water, Everywhere book at the Preview Party Friday 4-7pm at the History Center September 2, 2016.)
Things to Check off your Saturday list!
- Plan on attending the Monday night meeting 7 pm at the Lawrence Public Library Meeting Room, Lower level. Gary Zwilling, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service, Victoria Goad, Lawrence County Farm Bureau and Trevor Irwin, Farm Service Agency-USDA will be the featured speakers. The speakers will discuss the history of soil and water conservation efforts in the county, and the benefits these efforts have provided for our waterways. Future conservation programs will also be discussed.
- Send in your check to sponsor an exhibit. There is still time. A check for $100 will put your name on one of the 12 companion exhibits at the History Center created in conjunction with the Smithsonian's Traveling Exhibit- Water/Ways. If you want more information click here.
- Stop in to purchase or order one of the new books-Water, Water Everywhere. Stop by the History Center on Monday or purchase one at the meeting Monday night for $25.00. You can also purchase on-line using pay pal. Click here You can also get a copy of the Snafu Flood of 1943 book now also.
- Call 618-943-4317 to schedule a group tour on a Tues or Thursday from Sept 6- October 13. There is no charge, but a donation is always appreciated.
- Download a schedule of events for the 6 weeks that the Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit will be in Lawrenceville. Click here