The Sumner Press, April 26, 1906
"Mrs H. D. Roach went home from her place of business and had prepared supper. She called to her husband that supper was ready.
Receiving no reply, she again called and still hearing nothing, from his room, she stepped in and was horrified to find him dead. She immediately notified neighbors and a physician was called who after making an examination found all indications were, that death resulted from a dose of carbolic acid.
The coroner Dr. A. F. Able was notified and an inquest was held at night and a verdict in accordance with the above facts were rendered. Mr Roach had been in very poor health for several years and was compelled to give up his business."
From the obituary: ...He was the eldest son of Mr and Mrs John Roach, born May 12, 1870... He was a Lawrence County schoolteacher for several years...married Miss Adda Brunson...he was the proprietor of the Star Restaurant and bought the bookstore which Mrs. Roach now owns. Services were held at the family residence and interment in the city cemetery.
(Thanks to J. Brunson for sharing this story. Harry Roach was the son of a Civil War veteran, John Roach who is buried at Brian Cemetery, Christy Twp.)