On Oct 26 1822, Scott Riggs and his wife Hannah sold part of the Southwest quarter of Section 26, T4R11, containing a little more than 18 acres, to John Berry for $100. Hannah, who could sign her own name, was examined by her neighbor Thomas Anderson, a Justice of the Peace, as to whether this was her voluntary act. This document can be found on Page 40-41 of Deed Book A in the Lawrence County Courthouse.
Scott Riggs, as assignee of Joseph Berry purchased the SE ¼ of Sec 26 T4R11 March 25, 1818. The land he sold to John Berry was part of the 160 acres (SW ¼ of Sec 26 T4R11) he had purchased as assignee of Richard B. McCorkle on Nov 2, 1819. Both parcels of Allison Twp land (320 acres) are now owned by the City of Lawrenceville and are within the 3000 acre Mid-America Air Center, (east and south of the airport runways.)
Per the Genealogy of the Riggs Family, by John Hankins Wallace, 1901, p 53-54: (found on line under Google Books) "Scott Riggs accompanied his father from NC to Kentucky when he emigrated thither about 1798, and in 1801 he married Hannah Berry. After his marriage, he removed to Tennessee and remained there until 1815, when he immigrated to the Territory of Illinois and settled in what is now Lawrence County. He was a member of the first Legislature after the admission of Illinois as a state. In October 1825, he removed and settled in what is now Scott Co., IL., where he resided until his death Feb 24, 1872."
According to the History of the Disciples of Christ in Illinois 1819-1914 (also found on line under Google books) "Scott Riggs came to Illinois in 1815 and settled on Allison Prairie in Lawrence County, which was then a part of Crawford Co. He was a blacksmith, farmer and preacher. He served as a member of the first Legislature of the state in 1818. He was active in uniting the Christians and Disciples in that part of the state. He moved to Scott County in 1825."
Scott Riggs served in the House of Representatives officially representing Crawford County (because that part of Lawrence county was then a part of Crawford County) from Oct 4, 1818 to March 31, 1819 during the first two years that Governor Shadrach presided in the Kaskaskia State House.