(From the Bridgeport Leader June 8, 1961)
On Saturday, June 3, 1961 the Shiloh Baptist Church completed payment for its educational building. The modern, well-planned building was first used on the Sunday of Mother's Day May 13, 1956.
The building was erected at the cost of $20,811.22. On May 1st, 1957 $8065.53 was owed to the First Federal Savings and Loan in Vincennes.
The mortgage burning ceremony constituted a part of the morning worship service on Sunday, June 11, 1961.